Extended Family of Wayland provides quality support for older adults including home care, care management, advocacy and anything else they might need to stay as independent as possible for the rest of their lives.
What makes us unique?
- We are not part of a national chain – we limit the number of clients we serve in order to maintain high standards of care.
- We, the owners, are actively engaged in running the business; we know every client and are available to address any and all concerns promptly.
- We support clients proactively – we alert clients and families when we see an issue developing; we don’t wait for something to happen and then react.
- We offer comprehensive support. We are ready to take on any type of need regardless of how big or small and address it efficiently by incorporating it into other services already in place.
- We are reachable around the clock, seven days a week.
- We are with you for the rest of your life – you never have to face leaving your home or apartment.
We help people age on their own terms by offering premium services that promote independence, good health, and engagement in life.
Founded by a nurse in Portsmouth, NH in 2005, our goal is to ensure that our members live the lives they want, focused on their families, hobbies, and interests and not on simply getting through each day. We provide guidance and support to help our members avoid health crises. For members who find us during a crisis we help them navigate the path to recovery and return to the life they want for themselves.
Mom is getting accustomed to the idea of [assistance]. Thank you so much for your patience. It means the world to me to find a way to let Mom live in her own home where she feels most comfortable.
Extended Family of Wayland is affiliated with Extended Family of Portsmouth, New Hampshire but is owned and operated separately and independently by Victoria and Michael Abend. Both companies share the same mission statement and philosophy about aging in a way that maintains independence and encourages a high quality of life. The Extended Family Portsmouth website can be found at www.extended-family.net. Barbara Trimble is the founder and owner of Extended Family in Portsmouth.